Megalithic Mumblings

occasional random thoughts, diary entries and anything else I deem worthy of inclusion, such as accounts of my erstwhile forays amongst the ancient sites of Britain. Several of the posts here first appeared on the Modern Antiquarian or Heritage Action web sites.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Hey, no-one's perfect!...

Sunday, March 12, 2006

On to Penzance

An early breakfast again, then we were packed and ready to hit the road once again.

Back down the A3254 led to Whitstone. The church there has a Holy Well, which has an interesting carved head set in the rear wall. Possible pagan origins?


Heading back toward the A39, took us through Warbstow where I stopped briefly to take a look at Warbstow Bury hillfort. Unfortunately, the rain and bitingly cold wind forced me back to the car. I'll be back!

It was then a simple journey A39, A30 straight to Penzance, and a much nicer chalet for the remainder of our holiday.